The Coronalympic Relay Challenge
After three successful virtual handicap races, Headstart Coaching now present to you our biggest and most ambitious event to date!
'The Coronalympic Relay Challenge'
Throughout the month of July, the aim is to collectively run the 13,800 mile trip from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil to Tokyo, Japan. This is in the spirit of the Tokyo 2020 torch relay that will no longer be taking place!
How does it work?
Everyone that enters will report their mileage on a google sheet document set up by Head Coach Sam. It is important entrants only edit data in their own row and submit their mileage honestly as we want to complete this challenge legitimately!
Remember, this is not a competition as to who completes the most miles, we are a team running towards the same goal. Anyone is welcome to enter whether they run 5 miles a week or 50 miles a week. Every mile counts! All entrants will receive a bespoke, enamelled medal within 2-3 weeks of the event concluding (pictured below).
How to enter
1. Make payment of £15 to the following account (using your name as the reference)
Name - Headstart Coaching, Account Number - 93700079, Sort Code - 60-83-71.
2. Email or direct message @headstartcoach confirming that you have entered and provide your email address and postal address.
3. Once the challenge begins, regularly self-report your running mileage!
* All payments are final. If the event is unable to run as a result of stricter regulations, all entries will be deferred to a later date. Headstart Coaching also maintain the right to postpone the event should adequate entries not be received.
* By entering, the participant declares that they are physically fit and able to compete. Headstart Coaching takes no responsibility for any injuries incurred whilst participating in the Coronalympic Relay Challenge.
* Headstart coaching does not condone people partaking in this event in large groups. Please follow the government guidelines regarding COVID-19 and take part within the safe, social distancing regulations.